It’s the weekend and we thought we will treat you to another healthy and easy recipe. Hope you will enjoy making it as much as we did! Bon appetite!
This salad is 1) easy, 2) delicious and filling, like only the best salads are, and 3) HEALTHY in a number of ways.
- Quinoa = protein. Bjork is on a major protein kick right now so we’re looking to find ways to eat the same food that (for me) might not need much meat. I get lazy, you know? Quinoa is the perfect balancer for us – he gets his protein, I get my easy meatless meals.
- Veggie rainbow! We love a good veggie rainbow around here – especially when you can create a veggie rainbow with, um, two ingredients: spinach and those very adorable tricolour cherry tomatoes. Except are they cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes? or something else? All I know is they sell big boxes of them at Costco and they are a summertime must.
- Vegan potential. That’s right, there is the potential to make this salad completely plant-based. Use the Magic Green Sauce (thinned a bit with water) for dressing and you’re in vegan business.
- CHEESE potential. Because honestly, there are times when you just can’t say no to those little fresh Mozzarella balls. Let’s set realistic expectations here.
- Reduces stress. To make this salad, you’ll have to lift approximately three fingers for about five seconds. Get your zen on! Time to kick stressful salad-making to the curb.
- Happy face! You know those days when everything is going NOT right and you remember your most awesome lunch waiting for you in the fridge and you suddenly get a rush of happy brain chemicals? That’s this salad. Happy = healthy.
You can add or swap just about anything to this summer salad and it’s going to be great. Trust me because I’ve added every possible thing that I could have ever found in the fridge – pickled onions, crushed almonds, fresh sweet corn, sriracha, beans, leftover grilled brats, more veggies…
With a simple base of spinach, tricolour tomatoes, and quinoa, there’s nothing you can’t do.
Green Goddess Quinoa Summer Salad
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Green Goddess Quinoa Summer Salad – simple, healthy, and extremely adaptable to whatever veggies you have on hand! my family LOVES this recipe. vegetarian and can be made vegan.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (I cook mine in the rice cooker with broth)
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup (or more, to taste) Magic Green Sauce :
NGREDIENTS for magic green sauce
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup packed parsley and cilantro leaves (combined)
- 1 jalapeño, ribs and seeds removed
- 2 cloves garlic
- juice of one lime (or two – get lots of limey goodness in there!)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pistachios (you can sub other nuts – see notes)
- Pulse all ingredients – except pistachios – in a food processor until incorporated.
- Add pistachios and pulse until mostly smooth (depends on what consistency you want).
- Serve as a dip, spread, or sauce — or add additional water or oil to thin the sauce for use as a dressing or a marinade.
- fresh Mozzarella cheese, cut into bite sized pieces
- a few handfuls of crushed almonds or other nuts
- grilled veggies like asparagus or zucchini
- grilled chicken or other protein
- Cook the quinoa in advance if you can – it tastes best when it’s had a few hours to cool.
- Toss all ingredients together to combine! If the Magic Green Sauce is too thick to toss together with the other ingredients, just add a little water or oil to the bowl and it should toss together smoothly.
I cook my quinoa in vegetable broth for more flavour, and I also cook twice the amount of quinoa I need for this recipe because I like to keep it in the fridge for the week!
This recipe was taken from https://pinchofyum.com.